Our drug formulations are designed to suit the unique ocular environments into which they are delivered, resulting in better drug distribution and therapeutic benefits.
Oxular’s proprietary drug product formulations contain millions of biodegradable drug containing microspheres.
- Twelve months duration of effect from a single administration.
- Reduced drug concentrations in tissue where it may cause side effects.
Each microsphere acts as a miniaturized drug delivery system providing controlled and sustained drug release.
Microreservoirs are formulated in aqueous, semi-solid or solid vehicles and are available for delivery via all routes of ocular administration, including suprachoroidal space, intravitreal, superciliary, conjunctiva, lid margin, etc. Microreservoir systems are well suited for a variety of agents.
- Biodegradable polymer microreservoirs
- Manufactured with a very tight size distribution,, delivering precise amounts of drug per day
- Release characteristics can be tuned to vary amounts of drug delivered per day
- Delivers up to 12 months’ treatment following single administration
- Low volume (<60 µl) preparations
- Ambient temperature drug storage
- Broad capability to formulate a variety of agents