OxuLumis is an ocular drug delivery system which deploys the world’s smallest, illuminated medical cannula to the suprachoroidal space with a proprietary self-actuated mechanism.
OxuLumis is designed to deliver low-volume, drug preparations to the back-of-eye tissues to treat sight-threatening retinal diseases and conditions.
Key benefits of suprachoroidal space delivery
- Less invasive than intravitreal delivery
- Reduces side effects
- Acts as a depot for sustained release drug formulations
Key benefits of OxuLumis
- Pars plana administration site
- Visual confirmation of drug placement
- Delivery of drug at the posterior retina and macula
- Minimally invasive procedure does not penetrate ocular cavity
- Microcannula is atraumatic
- Novel, in-office procedure offers high-value professional fee for physicians